Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Day of Gratitude

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind percepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
Washington Irving

I love you and I think about you a lot. When I see pretty flowers, I think of how pretty they would look in your garden in this season. Whenever I see a rabbit, I'm reminded of you and your love for rabbits and I want to bring all of it home to show you. Every time a child calls out, "Omma!" to his mom, it makes me think of all the times I call out to you and you always answer without hesitation and makes me wonder what you're doing.

Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!

---
Last Friday was Parent's Day in Korea. I wonder why they don't have a special day for each parent!

I'm back from Jeju Island! We were blessed with terrific weather and we did so much -- pictures to come very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment