Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In My Lifetime

Wow I feel so refreshed! Finally got enough sleep. I made myself go to bed at 11:15PM and I woke up at 8:15AM (20 seconds before my alarm rang - my internal alarm clock has been kinda impressive recently). The fab. weather outside certainly helps, too =)

My Korean Culture and Society final yesterday went OK. I remember someone once told me that we remember a lot more than we think when we just read something once. I think this sort of proves that... I honestly cannot remember what I wrote, though, as I only had 4.5 hours of sleep the night before and almost fell asleep in the last 10 minutes of the exam >< .. never again. I'm going to make sure I get adequate sleep every night leading up to my last 3 finals on Mon, Tues, and Wed.

Btw, here's a big fat congratulations!! So many people I know have graduated this month from both high school and university. It seems as though every 2nd Facebook photoalbum is of someone's grad pictures~ I can't wait until I graduate. 1 more year!

Anyway, I can't believe it. It's the last day of classes today!

These days.. months.. years are flying by way too quickly. People are growing up... aging... sometimes you just don't know if you will ever see them again. You just gotta treasure every moment and everyone around you. I was thinking of how in 10 days, I will be saying goodbye to so many of the people I am used to seeing every second day.. of whom I've lived with for 4 months and of whom I've learned of their good side and bad. All the good times, inside jokes, and those simple, insignificant things that gets us in sudden fits of laughter will always have a special place in my memory. I can honestly say that I've met some of the nicest, sweetest, and most thoughtful people ever here. Who else would offer to run out in the rain and buy me healthy food when they don't approve of me eating instant noodles? Who else would text me (when I'm late for class), telling me that they were worried about me? Who else would always pick up my namecard and save a spot for me in class? All the problems or questions I have - who else would not hesitate one bit to help me out? And not to mention all the strangers who made my day with their gestures of kindness... I don't know when I'll see them again but it's nice to know that it's not goodbye forever.. as big as the world is... and that I'll have a place to stay if I decide to visit ^^

Anywayyyyy on a totally different note:
I usually don't like things with loud logos on them, but did anybody see the new The Olympic Dream sweatshirts from Park Life for Aritzia?
There's a few other styles, too, but I have my eye on the blue zipup.
I've been feeling patriotic recently... well, in the city-sense (is there a word for that?). Every time I go on a vacation or a trip and no matter how terrific I find the country/city, I'm reminded of how great Vancouver is.. and of how appreciative I am to live there - in a different sense, of course.

Gotta get ready for class! xo

1 comment:

  1. WHOA Deja Vu, did you see that from the aritzia email? I was like HEY I just saw that picture of that hoodie AHAH...

    enjoy the moment! I'll see you sooooooon.
    GEESH it's been a month since I left for Korea. THE HECK where has the time gone?!

    ReplyDelete